Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2015/10/07 11:12:54 UTC

Re: Maven sling plugin

Hi Roy,

On Sat, 2015-09-19 at 10:03 -0700, Roy Teeuwen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anything ever happend with this thread?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/sling-users/201204.mbox/%3CC
> AKkCf4qXnJFg4r3_+Lgu3J-x_GEajz8Bzzz-y77aU_3UXJJ8HA@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> I am currently in a situation where I want to put everything up in a
> CI
> environment: A custom sling launchpad gets build with the
> provisioning
> model, a docker container is created and then TeamCity deploys
> everything to
> the docker container.
>
> I would like to use the maven-sling-plugin to install those app
> bundles to
> the sling environment, but I can't because the /apps/myslingapp
> folder
> doesn't exist at startup. So any of the solutions given in the thread
> would
> come in handy now (or any other options to resolve this without
> creating the
> folder manually with vlt or something).

It's a bit late, but I hope the response suits you :-)

I have implemented this enhancement with SLING-3540

If usePut = true and installation fails with a 409 (Conflict) status
attempt to create intermediate paths for deployment. The intermediate
path primary type defaults to a Sling:Folder but can be configured
using the intermediatePathPrimaryType mojo config property and
overriden on the command line using
-Dsling.deploy.intermediatePathPrimaryType.

You can build the maven-sling-plugin from [1] and use it locally.

Let me know if this works for you, I plan to release the plugin next
week.

Robert

[1]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/tooling/maven/maven-sl
ing-plugin/

Re: Maven sling plugin

Posted by Roy Teeuwen <ro...@teeuwen.be>.
Perfect! Sounds exactly what I need :) Thanks