Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Pushkarev <um...@stanford.edu> on 2008/12/13 04:39:53 UTC

Hadoop and Matlab

Hi.

Can anyone share experience of successfully parallelizing matlab tasks using
hadoop?

We have implemented this thing with python (in form of simple module that
takes serialized function and data array and runs this function on the
cluster)m but we really have no clue how to that in Matlab.

Ideally we want to use Matlab in the same way -  write .m file that takes
set of parameters and returns some value, specify list of input parameters
(like lists of variable to try for Gaussian kernels) and run it on the
cluster, in somewhat failproof manner - that's the ideal situation.

Has anyone tried that?

---

Dmitry

Re: Hadoop and Matlab

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Just FYI, See hama (http://incubator.apache.org/hama/)

We are working on parallel math (from scalapack/matlab people we got a
positive answer) project using hadoop.

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org