Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vincent Dautremont <vi...@olamobile.com> on 2016/09/05 16:18:00 UTC

How to set the offset of a topic:partition for a specific consumer group to repay / reconsume messages ?

Hi,
This seems like a basic question but I can't find the answer :

I'm trying to find the right tool (in kafka/bin ) to set an offset value of
a topic:partition for a specific consumer-group in order to replay consumed
messages

this link tells how to get the offset of the topic:partition of a
consumer-group
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#basic_ops_consumer_lag
I now want to set it.
Note that this is with the high level consumer that and consumer group
offsets stored in Kafka (not ZK).

Thank you,
Vincent.