Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/08/19 13:12:31 UTC

VRouter sets the same public IP on 2 interfaces

Hi,

I have 4 networks defined (public, guest, storage and mgmt). It looks like the VR sets up two internal NIcs (eth2 and eth3) for connecting to the public network. It also sets the same IP address on them.
Egress = Allow is also ignored and my VMs can't reach anything.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm on 4.3

Thanks

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: VRouter sets the same public IP on 2 interfaces

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

No, they are entirely different ranges and physical links.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,

Posted by Ian Southam <IS...@schubergphilis.com>.

Posted by Ian Southam <IS...@schubergphilis.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks Eric,

I'm on KVM right now, I have not yet tested VPC (as I do not need it).

I'll try to find some solution..

Cheers
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks Eric,

Posted by Eric Neumann - AOD <er...@aod-cloud.com>.
Hi Nux,

Posted by Eric Neumann - AOD <er...@aod-cloud.com>.
Hi Nux,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Jayapal and thanks,

I have deleted the advanced zone for now and will attempt an upgrade to 4.4, but if the problem comes up again I'll follow your advice.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Hi Nux,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 4 networks defined (public, guest, storage and mgmt). It looks like
> the VR sets up two internal NIcs (eth2 and eth3) for connecting to the
> public network. It also sets the same IP address on them.
> Egress = Allow is also ignored and my VMs can't reach anything.
>
> Has anyone seen this before? I'm on 4.3
>
> Thanks

You could be seeing this:

Erik