Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/01/28 18:31:09 UTC

[VOTE] Please approve Tuscany SCA Java 1.1-incubating release (RC3a)

 Hi,

The previous VOTE thread here for SCA Java 1.1-incubating identified some
issues.

http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg16483.html

A new release candidate (RC3a) has been created addressing the issues as
discussed in the previous thread. I'm starting this IPMC VOTE thread in
parallel with the project vote thread as the material content of the release
hasn't changed significantly and I don't want to delay before getting IPMC
eyeballs on it.

The ongoing thread in the Tuscany community can be found here

http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg27401.html

The release includes a set of bug-fixes and new function such as the
implementation of binding.jms. You can see a list of changes at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.1-RC3a/distribution/src/main/release/CHANGES

The signed binary and source distributions, the RAT reports, and the Maven
staging repository are listed at the following links.

SVN Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.1-RC3a/

Stage maven repo:
http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/maven/>

RAT report:
http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/rat-1.1-RC3a.txt>

Binary and source distros (zip/gz/asc/md5) :
http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>

Please review and approve the release. This vote will remain open for at
least 72 hours.

Thank you for your attention,

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Please approve Tuscany SCA Java 1.1-incubating release (RC3a)

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
Looks good to me, thanks for correcting the problems mentioned by Sebastian.

+1

Matthieu

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Please approve Tuscany SCA Java 1.1-incubating release (RC3a)

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Jan 31, 2008 2:30 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Binary and source distros (zip/gz/asc/md5) :
> > > http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > > <http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.1-RC3a/>
> > >
> > > Please review and approve the release. This vote will remain open for
> > at
> > > least 72 hours.
> > >
> > > Thank you for your attention,
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> Quick update.
>
> We brought the project vote to a successful conclusion -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg27556.html
>
> We worked with sebb to track down his build issue and explain the missing
> files in the source archive -
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg27521.html
>
> This vote is still open for a little while.

Hi,

I'm glad to conclude that this release is now passed with +1s from the
following IPMC members:

Matthieu Riou
Kevan Miller
Ant Elder

and with 1 non-binding +1 from:

Raymond Feng

No -1 or 0 votes.

Thanks to everyone, and particularly to sebb, for all the feedback and for
making this release a good one.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

I scanned the RAT output, eyeballed the license and notice files, and
cracked open some of the binaries. All looked good. Nice job.

--kevan

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
As already reported,  I've not been able to build the release successfully.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Also, there are quite a few files missing from the source archive.