Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/03/13 11:19:01 UTC

Cactus and Jo!

Ryan,

I've moved the discussion to the user Cactus mailing list as I'm sure it
will interest other Cactus users.

> I'm not sure if "Connection: close" works with all containers.
> This was a suggestion from Hendrik, the developer of Jo!, which
> is the container I'm trying to use Cactus with.
>
> You can find Jo! here: http://tagtraum.com/jo.html

cool. I'll have a look. I actually first heard about Jo! 2 weeks ago on
the Avalon mailing list but I haven't had a look yet.

> I've been emailing back and forth with Hendrik in order to get
> a better understanding of what is happening. He was the one who
explained
> CTE to me. He is interested in making sure that Cactus works with Jo!

Great. I'm quite happy to include some Ant scripts for Jo! in the same
way Cactus provides Ant scripts to automate tests in other containers
like Tomcat, WebLogic, Resin, etc. However, I have no current knowledge
of Jo! ... If you can provide such scripts (you can have a look at the
existing one in the Cactus distribution, in sample/build), I'll be more
than happy to commit them and add you as a contributor !

> , so
> I have sent him logs and threaddumps to look at. Once he is finished
> looking at them, hopefully he can advise me on the best way to patch
> Cactus (he is way more knowledgable about the small details of HTTP
than
> me).

Great. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
-Vincent

RE: Cactus and Jo!

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Dave,

Wow ! That's really very good news !

That was one feature of Cactus I hadn't initially planned : to be able
to be used as a Servlet compliance testbed (in the same way as Jakarta
Watchdog is). Of course, it is not a complete testbed ... :-)

Thank you very much for reporting this. I'll close the bug report and am
eagerly waiting for your Jo! scripts that I'll commit as soon as I have
them.

Thanks again for keeping us informed and for your participation.
-Vincent

Re: Cactus and Jo!

Posted by Ryan Shaw <ry...@silveregg.co.jp>.
Hello,