Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Mátyás Manninger <mm...@lunar.app> on 2022/03/29 12:45:20 UTC

Problem with main pipeline triggering with side input while testing locally

Dear Users,

I am looking for some help on this issue I am having when testing a side
input pattern locally. Here is my StackOverflow question for reference:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71648731/fixedwindow-apparently-not-firing-in-streaming-python-beam-pipeline
As mentioned there I am trying to achieve the first side input pattern
mentioned here: https://beam.apache.org/documentation/patterns/side-inputs/.
This does not have a python code sample, is this because it's not supposed
to work in python?
I am very thankful for any help, tips, pointers :)

Best regards,
Matyas Manninger

Re: Problem with main pipeline triggering with side input while testing locally

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
In general, batch is much better supported on the Python local runner
than streaming. You could try developing/running your pipeline with a
fixed input in batch mode. You can also use TestStream which has
better control than reading from PubSub. (One can still use windows
and timestamps in batch mode, but not sources like PubSub.)

Posted by Mátyás Manninger <mm...@lunar.app>.