Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Seth Weiner <sa...@duke.edu> on 2003/06/10 19:39:44 UTC

LDAP authentication

We're interested in using LDAP for authetication purposes only.  We
still want to store the groups, roles, etc. in our database (mysql).  Is
this possible?  Have others done it?  Please give us some pointers on
where to start!

Thanks,
Seth Weiner

Re: LDAP authentication

Posted by David E Noel <de...@us.ibm.com>.
Yes this is possible.  I posted on the list a few weeks ago on how to do
this.  If you can't find it in the archive send me a note.

Dave

Dave Noel
denoel@us.ibm.com

"Seth Weiner" <sa...@duke.edu>
06/10/2003 01:39 PM
Please respond to "Jetspeed Users List"

        To:     <je...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        LDAP authentication

Re: LDAP authentication

Posted by Ivan <li...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, it's possible.
This is what I did.
I had to do only authentication against a Ms. AD. I
had readonly access to it, so, I wrote my own class to
perform that auth. and then changed reference in
JetspeedSecurity.properties.

Take a look to
org.apache.jetspeed.services.security.turbine.TurbineAuthentication.java
to see how to code your own auth.

Of course, you will need to take Jetspeed from CVS or
from a nightly build if you don't know or cannot use
CVS.

Anyway, if you need more help, just drop a line :)

Iv.