Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Thomas Möller <th...@muenster.de> on 2019/07/08 10:07:16 UTC

Rotated overlay problem in commandline tool

Hi,

I try to overlay one pdf with another with pdfbox-app-2.0.16.

In the output pdf the overlay is rotated by 90 degrees although both input pdfs are displayed in correct orientation in Acrobat Reader.

When converting the affected overlay pdf with PDFToImage the jpg is also in correct orientation.

When using PDFDebugger on the overlay pdf it shows rotate: 90

So it seems that it was rotated before and the rotation is ignored by OverlayPDF.
Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks, Tom Moeller

Re: Rotated overlay problem in commandline tool

Posted by Tom Möller <th...@muenster.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your reply and excuse me for the late response, the files are here:

The example files:
https://moellersoft.de/downloads/overlay.pdf
https://moellersoft.de/downloads/background.pdf

The result:
https://moellersoft.de/downloads/pdfbox_wrong_result.pdf

How it should look:
https://moellersoft.de/downloads/result_made_w_acrobat.pdf

Greetings, Tom

Posted by Thomas Möller <th...@zuendquelle.de>.
It is working with snapshot -46 and 48 :-)

Tom

Re: Rotated overlay problem in commandline tool

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Please try with a snapshot:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.17-SNAPSHOT/

Re: Rotated overlay problem in commandline tool

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 13.07.2019 um 21:49 schrieb Thomas Möller:
> the overlay file is not made by me, I just removed the original content and added some text in Acrobat.

OK, I'll create some myself.

> How did you manage to get a correct result?

I had to change the source code in Overlay.createOverlayXObject(), add a
matrix to the XObject form that X-translates to the width and rotates -90.

Tilman

Re: Rotated overlay problem in commandline tool

Posted by Thomas Möller <th...@zuendquelle.de>.
I’m sorry,
the overlay file is not made by me, I just removed the original content and added some text in Acrobat. The problematic behavior was not affected by saving it again with Acrobat.
The only solution I found was to send the file to ghostscript and create a new file, so the rotation-infomation was removed from the file.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Thank you, I've created

Posted by Thomas Möller <th...@zuendquelle.de>.
Hi,