Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2021/02/09 16:01:09 UTC

Re: OFBIZ-11900: Approach so far for MacroFormRenderer refactoring

Hello Daniel,

I'm a little confuse to take more than 6 month to response.

You push me on my currently java knowledge limit, and after analyze I
didn't understand all you done.

However, your works feel good.

During my works on the OFBIZ-11810 [1], I confronted to many duplicated
code between Screen, Form and Menu render. This case help me to
understand an advantage of your refacto.

I'm clearly in favor to continue the refactoring, and I have a question.

Because we works on the same code what do you prefer ?

 * I commit my work with the current code and we migrate it after

 * We migrate before the code and I update my work on it

 * I try to convert my current improvement with your refactoring proposal.

Nicolas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-11810

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your check. I agree with the different function to create a
link would be analyzed and maybe refactored with another logic.

To move ahead, I will push my current code for the OFBIZ-11810 [1]

as it and convert to the your refactoring effort after.

I like to ensure to not introduce some regression, I sweat a lot for
this first version, I prefer to make small step by small step :)

Posted by Daniel Watford <da...@foomoo.co.uk>.
Hi Nicolas,

--
Daniel Watford