Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by KrishnaKanth Vishnubhotla <Kr...@digitalthink.com> on 2002/03/19 09:04:38 UTC

Strange Behaviour of Tomcat

Hi,
     I have one observation abt the behaviour of Tomcat.
I've been using various versions of  Tomcat3.1.1 & Tomcat3.2.x.

I have a web-application in which I have a JSP page,with only
<%@ page language="java" %> as the import statement.

I use a 'Vector' object to store some details. BUT, I forgot to include
the import statement, <%@ page language="java.util.*" %>.
Even then, no error was thrown and my JSP page was working fine !!!.

I haven't included anything in my classpath.

When I deployed this web-application in Resin Webserver,
and tried to access that JSP , Resin throwed an error
that "Vector" is undefined. then I realised that I forgot to
import the java.util statement.

I then cross-verified this behaviour again with Tomcat,
( by not importing the 'java.util 'package ) and still Tomcat was not
throwing any error..

Any suggestions as to why this is happening with Tomcat?

Regards,
Krishna Kanth,
E-Mail : krishnakv@digitalthink.com