Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/03/25 01:57:10 UTC

10.10.2 draft 2 release notes - please review

Hi

I have created a draft for the 10.10.2 release notes and actually checked
it in for easy viewing, as well attached it to DERBY-6218:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12598328/RELEASE-NOTES.html

It currently says 10.10.1.4, until I fiddle with the versions in JIRA.

Because of a limitation in the number of issues that can currently be
pulled from JIRA in an automatic fashion, I decided to split the bugs up
into documentation, test, and code bugs, and I integrated them manually.
We've not done this in the past and it's possible some issues are
incorrectly labelled.

Please review.
If you spot an issue that's been organized under the wrong component,
please fix the component in JIRA.
Please let me know if you expect an issue to show up and it's not, or vice
versa.

Thanks,
Myrna

Re: 10.10.2 draft 2 release notes - please review

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

On 27. mars 2014 00:13, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Dag, the 'Issues' heading has been like this for many versions, and I
> did not want to change it per se, but instead, I changed it to say
> 'Issues for Special Concern". I also moved it to the top, before the
> Fixed Bugs.

That's a good improvement IMHO. Thanks, Myrna!

Dag

Posted by Camilla Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
They look good from a docs perspective. I did notice that the paragraph
above the list of documentation bugs still says "10.10.1.4". That's the
only occurrence, though.

Thanks for the great work, Myrna.

Kim

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Camilla Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
Hi, Myrna,

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have created a draft for the 10.10.2 release notes and actually
> checked it in for easy viewing, as well attached it to DERBY-6218:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12598328/RELEASE-NOTES.html
>
> It currently says 10.10.1.4, until I fiddle with the versions in JIRA.

Hi Myrna,

The link above took me to a 10.10.1.3 version of the release notes. The
one checked in on the 10.10 branch looks fine to me, though.

Knut Anders

Re: 10.10.2 draft 2 release notes - please review

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 3/24/14 5:57 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have created a draft for the 10.10.2 release notes and actually
> checked it in for easy viewing, as well attached it to DERBY-6218:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12598328/RELEASE-NOTES.html
>
> It currently says 10.10.1.4, until I fiddle with the versions in JIRA.
>
> Because of a limitation in the number of issues that can currently be
> pulled from JIRA in an automatic fashion, I decided to split the bugs
> up into documentation, test, and code bugs, and I integrated them
> manually. We've not done this in the past and it's possible some
> issues are incorrectly labelled.
>
> Please review.
> If you spot an issue that's been organized under the wrong component,
> please fix the component in JIRA.
> Please let me know if you expect an issue to show up and it's not, or
> vice versa.
>
> Thanks,
> Myrna
Thanks, Myrna. I took a look at the release notes checked into the 10.10
branch and have a couple comments:

o I like the division of bugfixes into separate lists for product, doc,
and test issues. Now that I see the fixes broken out this way, I think
it would be better to remove the test issues. I don't think those fixes
will interest our users.

o The detailed release note for DERBY-6383 needs some work. It refers to
itself as the issue which introduced the regression. The title for this
issue in the release notes is very long, but it looks as though someone
has already corrected that problem. In a comment on DERBY-6383, I
recorded another nit with the release note.

Thanks,
-Rick