Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Roman Sakno <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/02 10:05:35 UTC

Edit config.properties from karaf-maven-plugin

Is it possible to modify configuration property
/org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation/ located in /etc/config.properties/ when
building custom Karaf distribution using /karaf-maven-plugin/? I found
/karafConfig/ configuration section in /karaf-maven-plugin/ but it doesn't
work as expected (or I don't how to use this section). I want to add
jdk.nashorn.* package to boot delegation packages because Karaf can't use
Nashorn JavaScript engine from Java 8
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4603).

Re: Edit config.properties from karaf-maven-plugin

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
you can have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3982 and the implemented
feature.

I am using assembly-property-edits.xml to modify property files in my
custom distribution and it is working as expected.

Best regards,
Markus

Re: Edit config.properties from karaf-maven-plugin

Posted by Roman Sakno <ro...@gmail.com>.
May be you right, but /bootdelegation/ property already have packages like
/com.sun.*/ than is not a part of public Java API. Nashorn support in Karaf
is not a problem for experienced developers, but many other developers
expect that this will be work out-of-the-box. Moreover, transition from Java
7 to Java 8 for the Karaf-based application is not transparent. Anyway, it
will be great to collect all transition issues related to Java 8 into single
article /Tuning Karaf for Java 8/ or something like this.

Re: Edit config.properties from karaf-maven-plugin

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Roman,

I saw your Jira about that.

I'm a bit concern to add some packages not provided by the JVM itself by
default.

For instance, we consider BouncyCastle as optional and so, we just
documented for users how to add it.

What do you think about doing the same for nashorn ?

Regards
JB

On 07/02/2016 03:19 PM, Roman Sakno wrote:
> Thanks, JB! I solve this problem with file /custom.properties/, which is
> copied to //etc/ folder with /maven-resources-plugin/. It would be great if
> you add jdk.nashorn.* package to /jre.properties/ or boot delegation in the
> next Karaf version.

Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Edit config.properties from karaf-maven-plugin

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

You can see how we do that in the Karaf base feature.

You can override the resources.

Regards
JB