Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at> on 2012/10/12 10:29:08 UTC

Re: Jboss deployment failure

Hi!

url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml
> it fails with an error
>
> org.apache.shindig.common.uri.Uri$UriException:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.URISyntaxException:
> Illegal character in authority at index 7: http://localhost
> aKey=/shindig/gadgets/proxy?container=default&url= shindig.port=:8080
>
> Any light that someone can shed would be monumentally appreciated.
> I've wondered if it could be some kind of dependency issue with a jar
> that comes bundled with Jboss.  I did get rid of the original
> xercesimpl.jar that came with Jboss because initially I had problems
> with it launching and it was getting errors with SAX parsing.  Once
> again any help would be appreciated.

It's been a while since this has been asked, but eventually the answer will help
someone finding it...

In the web.xml shipped with shindig 2.5-beta-4 there is context-param named
"system.properties" defined. Its value is this:
     <![CDATA[
        shindig.host=
        shindig.port=
        aKey=/shindig/gadgets/proxy?container=default&url=
     ]]>
I really don't know what it is needed for but just removing everything within
CDATA solved the problem for me. Earlier I tried using valid hostname and port
but this didn't solve the problem.

hth,
- martin

Re: Jboss deployment failure

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hmm thats weird.

The system.properties in the web.xml is used by Guice to be injected
to Java System.properties.

If these not set, then internally Shindig will try to use
ServletRequestContext to set the shindig.host and shindig.port
properties.

- Henry