Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com> on 2006/11/14 22:28:31 UTC

Running Maven 2 reports

Is it possible to run Maven 2 reports, like pmd, for example, outside of
the site generation phase?  For example, if I want to create a report
without associating it with any site, can I do this?  If so, how can I
do this?  Thanks.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

Re: Running Maven 2 reports

Posted by "Alan D. Salewski" <as...@healthmarketscience.com>.
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 03:28:31PM -0600, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills) spake thus:
> Is it possible to run Maven 2 reports, like pmd, for example, outside of
> the site generation phase?  For example, if I want to create a report
> without associating it with any site, can I do this?  If so, how can I
> do this?  Thanks.

Sure. I generate just the dependency report all the time with this:

    $ mvn -o project-info-reports:dependencies

(I find that difficult enough to remember that I've created a
'mvn-dep-report' shell alias...)

To generate both the 'dependencies' report and the 'license' report, I
would do this:

    $ mvn -o project-info-reports:dependencies project-info-reports:license

Check the documentation for a specific plugin for the name of the goal
to run to create a specific report.

-Al

--
::