Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Klaus Schaefers <kl...@ligatus.com> on 2014/06/27 10:08:36 UTC

Message Timeout

Hi,

I am new to Kafka and I have a question how Kafka handles scenarios where
no consumer is available. Can I configure Kafka in such a way that the
messages will be dropped after x seconds? Otherwise I would be afraid that
the queues would overflow...

Cheers,

Klaus

Klaus Schaefers
Senior Optimization Manager

Ligatus GmbH
Hohenstaufenring 30-32
D-50674 Köln

Tel.:  +49 (0) 221 / 56939 -784
Fax:  +49 (0) 221 / 56 939 - 599
E-Mail: klaus.schaefers@ligatus.com
Web: www.ligatus.de

HRB Köln 56003
Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Kaufmann Lars Hasselbach, Dipl.-Kaufmann Klaus Ludemann,
Dipl.-Wirtschaftsingenieur Arne Wolter

Re: Message Timeout

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
You can control retention using "log.retention.hours",
"log.retention.minutes" or "log.retention.bytes".

Re: Message Timeout

Posted by "cacsar@gmail.com" <ca...@gmail.com>.