Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Matthias Keller <ma...@ergon.ch> on 2009/08/13 14:22:02 UTC

StringResourceModel ignores Converters?

Hi

I need to use a StringResourceModel to compile a string with multiple
parameter substitutions.
I have a lot of converters active which should take care of all these
values and which do work when using for example a PropertyModel elsewhere.
Unfortunately it seems the converters are completely ignored for
StringResourceModels when doing the parameter substitution? I always get
the data in its raw (.toString) form instead of the converted?!

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks

Matt

Re: StringResourceModel ignores Converters?

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi Matt,

Converters are only used during form submission. So to answer your
question: this seems like a feature.

Regards,
    Erik.

--