Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2022/04/20 14:18:35 UTC

OpenNLP 2.x supporting 1.x models

There is a block in BaseModel.java that checks to see if the model's major
version number matches OpenNLP's major version number. Running this with an
OpenNLP 2.0.0 version causes the check to fail (2 != 1).

I have made a pull request [1] to change that check to just make sure the
major version number of the model is 1. I took out the part where it checks
to make sure the minor release is no more than 4 versions behind. This
seems ok but I would like to hear from anyone who thinks there's a better
way to handle this check (or if you're ok with it please approve the pull
request).

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] https://github.com/apache/opennlp/pull/415