Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luke-SuperDude <er...@erwinfok.com> on 2009/05/06 12:39:42 UTC

FOP Servlet in restricted environment

Hi,

I am trying to get a Fop Servlet working in a Godaddy Linux java hosting
account. I am running a servlet like the example wich a feed with an xml.
create a fo out of it and try to build a pdf. It works fine locally on my
own system, but not on this restricted hosting environment. I get the
following error and i can't figure out what to do. I know it is the fop in
its init doing stuff:

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/root read)

java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
	java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)
	java.io.File.exists(File.java:700)
	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.getUserHome(FontCache.java:87)
	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.getDefaultCacheFile(FontCache.java:100)
	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.load(FontCache.java:117)
	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.setUseCache(FopFactory.java:692)
	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.<init>(FopFactory.java:158)
	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newInstance(FopFactory.java:166)
	DocGen.init(DocGen.java:82)
	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
	sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor53.invoke(Unknown Source)

	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:239)
	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:266)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:157)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:110)

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:535)

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:417)
	org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:300)
	org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:374)
	org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:675)
	org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Any ideas?

Re: FOP Servlet in restricted environment

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Luke-SuperDude wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Luke,

> I am trying to get a Fop Servlet working in a Godaddy Linux java hosting
> account. I am running a servlet like the example wich a feed with an xml.
> create a fo out of it and try to build a pdf. It works fine locally on my
> own system, but not on this restricted hosting environment. I get the
> following error and i can't figure out what to do. I know it is the fop in
> its init doing stuff:
>
> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> /root read)
>
> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
> 	java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
> 	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
> 	java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)
> 	java.io.File.exists(File.java:700)
> 	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.getUserHome(FontCache.java:87)
> 	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.getDefaultCacheFile(FontCache.java:100)
> 	org.apache.fop.fonts.FontCache.load(FontCache.java:117)
> 	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.setUseCache(FopFactory.java:692)
> 	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.<init>(FopFactory.java:158)
> 	org.apache.fop.apps.FopFactory.newInstance(FopFactory.java:166)
> 	DocGen.init(DocGen.java:82)
> 	javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
> 	sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor53.invoke(Unknown Source)

Looks like this error occurs when FOP is checking for its Font Cache.
You can disable the cacue with the use-cache option as documented here:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/configuration.html#general-elements

Simply put the XML element <use-cache>false</use-cache> into the
fop.xconf file.

<snip/>

Chris

Re: FOP Servlet in restricted environment

Posted by megaapps <pr...@gmail.com>.
Drop godaddy their service is realy poor. I use javaprovider.net for
http://javaprovider.net java hosting

Posted by Luke-SuperDude <er...@erwinfok.com>.

Posted by Johannes Künsebeck <ku...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Sergiu Dumitriu <se...@xwiki.com>.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: FOP Servlet in restricted environment

Posted by Luke-SuperDude <er...@erwinfok.com>.