Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "CRANFORD, CHRIS" <Ch...@setech.com> on 2010/03/09 15:58:13 UTC

Currency Formatting

I had defined in my applicationMessages.properties a currency string
format as follows:

format.currency={0,number,currency}

When I view things in our default locale (English), this displays our
currency values like "53.68"; however when I view them in German I see
"53,68 ?".  Why does it show the question mark and how can I resolve
this problem?

Chris

RE: Currency Formatting

Posted by "CRANFORD, CHRIS" <Ch...@setech.com>.
My CSS was using:

I updated this to the following and rechecked it, same result:

font-family: Arial, sans-serif;

So I'm really confused at this point.  Someone mentioned encoding before, but the pages are UTF-8, fonts appear not to be the issue yet my cost fields are being printed as

" 3,90 ?"

Any other thoughts?

RE: Currency Formatting

Posted by "CRANFORD, CHRIS" <Ch...@setech.com>.
I needed to specify my encoding in a filter inside web.xml.  Once I did that, it resolved the issue.

Thanks
Chris

Re: Currency Formatting

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.