Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2010/03/03 21:15:12 UTC

dataset

Hi all,
I want to generate some datasets with data skew to test my mapreduce jobs. I am using TPC-DS but it seems I cannot control the data skew level. There is a suite from Microsoft that could generate skewed datasets based on TPC-D, but only workable in windows. I haven't succeed make it compilable in linux yet. Please tell me how can I get some skewed dataset.

Thanks.
-Gang

Re: dataset

Posted by Gang Luo <lg...@yahoo.com.cn>.
That is a good idea, but doesn't work in my case. What I want to do is to test how my partitioner could divide the workload properly. It is supposed to go against skew, but not to generate skew. I still need a skewed data source. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Gang

Look at implementing your own Partitioner implementation to control which
records are sent to which reduce shards.

- Aaron

Re: dataset

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.