Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by sanmitra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 14:10:13 UTC

Async Sending in Persistent Mode.

Question 1: If asynchronous sending of persistent messages to a queue fails,
then the sender does not receive any error message. I want to do couple of
things:
1. The client must be notified that sending message failed.
2. Resend the message to fail-over broker?
How would I do these ?

Question 2: Suppose if the durable subscriber reads a message from a Active
MQ queue and processes the message and inserts into my own DB. So lets say
that DB is refreshing and any insertion will fail. So subscriber throws an
error. I think clients should not suffer from such kinds of errors. How can
I make the subscriber to reprocess the message ? So can we control whether
to reprocess the message or throw error message based on type of exception?

Thanks,
Sanmitra