Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ian Berry <Ia...@yarris.com> on 2007/08/27 01:13:07 UTC

Maven plugin metadata

Hi,

I am developing a buildinfo plugin, listing all dependencies and plugins
used during a build.

For snapshot dependencies, and snapshot plugins, I would like to get the
build timestamp and build number to include in the output.

I have successfully gained this metadata information for
snapshot-dependencies, but I can't get the metadata for
snapshot-plugins.

To get the plugin artifacts, I use ${project.pluginArtifacts} (or
project.getPluginArtifacts())

The artifacts returned, have not metadata attached, i.e.
artifact.getMedatadatalist().size() returns 0;

How can I get a build timestamp and build number for a snapshot-plugin?

In my local repository, the snapshot-plugins have a
maven-metadata-snapshot.xml.

Thanks,

Ian Berry

Re: Maven plugin metadata

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
You can probably save yourself some time and use John Casey's. He
probably has a newer variant, plus he's got a plugin to pin down the
snapshot versions so he's probably got most things you need.  He'll
probably respond when he gets back from the weekend.

On 26 Aug 07, at 4:13 PM 26 Aug 07, Ian Berry wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am developing a buildinfo plugin, listing all dependencies and
> plugins
> used during a build.
>

> For snapshot dependencies, and snapshot plugins, I would like to
> get the
> build timestamp and build number to include in the output.
>

> I have successfully gained this metadata information for
> snapshot-dependencies, but I can't get the metadata for
> snapshot-plugins.
>

> To get the plugin artifacts, I use ${project.pluginArtifacts} (or
> project.getPluginArtifacts())
>
> The artifacts returned, have not metadata attached, i.e.
> artifact.getMedatadatalist().size() returns 0;
>

> How can I get a build timestamp and build number for a snapshot-
> plugin?
>
> In my local repository, the snapshot-plugins have a
> maven-metadata-snapshot.xml.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Ian Berry

Thanks,