Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2012/11/27 01:00:11 UTC

cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC3 is ready for review

Hi,

Release cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC3 is ready for review.  The files are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~chenpei/RCs/ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-rc3/target/

The main differences since RC2 is:
CTAKES-53 - move UMLS out of Apache distribution
This is available on sourceforge.net instead (http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=net/sourceforge/ctakesresources/ctakes-resources-distribution/3.0.0/ctakes-resources*)

The full release notes are available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313621&version=12322969

Thanks,
Pei

RE: cTAKES 3.0.0-incubating RC3 is ready for review

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
I don't have projects that depend on cTAKES in any more meaningful of a way than what can be tested by comparing the xcas generated by this release to the xcas output of a previous release.  xcas_comparison.Compare was written for this, although first you'll need to do a search/replace within one set of the xcas files for the type system changes.

Hopefully someone among our user base will reply to your email with a suggestion.

Repeat of testing of components you are familiar with is the biggest way I see for now. There are multiple aggregates to be tested across all the components.

Posted by "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bl...@mayo.edu>.
We should build from scratch as a new developer would. I could do it but I'm tied up for a few days.

Thanks
Troy
Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
> I downloaded these two zips (listed below) and noticed that the LICENSE and
> NOTICE files are different within the two. Oversight or intentional?  It
> appears intentional but wanted to double check.
> apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-bin.zip
> apache-ctakes-3.0.0-incubating-src.zip

Yes; done by intention.
Basically, the binary distribution contains all 3rd party libraries and mentions them in the LICENSE/NOTICE.
The source code/files doesn't bundle 3rd party libs and only contains what it needs so it should be much shorter.
--Pei

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.