Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 14:42:14 UTC

Re: Logging web sites

Joe Schaefer suggested on JIRA [1] to have the site contents in pure
Textile markup instead of Django templates as it is now. The benefit
of this is that it would be somewhat simpler to write contents (no
need for the template boilerplate).

Personally I'm somewhat inclined to leave it as it is now since it's
more flexible and the boilerplate is really not that bad.

The current contents are located at [2].
I will eventually change the ".twig" extension to something else since
we're not using Twig any more.

To illustrate the point further, some projects, like Esme [3], have
something similar, but with Markdown instead of Textile.

What do you think?

Regards,
Ivan

[1] http://s.apache.org/HGr
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/site/branches/cms/trunk/content/
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/esme/site/trunk/content/

Re: Logging web sites

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Ivan, can you poke Infra again and see if you can get them to complete this?

Ralph

Re: Logging web sites

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

No we have to deal out how to deploy pages.

Thanks Ralph + Ivan for the hard work so far!

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: Logging web sites