Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dhirendra Singh <dh...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/20 15:03:59 UTC

difference in disk utilization between replica and leader of a partition

Hi All,
I have a kafka cluster running in kubernetes with 3 brokers.
I have a topic with 3 partitions and replication factor of 3.
Topic is evenly distributed across brokers.
I have noticed that there is a huge difference in disk utilization of one
partition between replica and leader.
Ideally replica and leader partition should have same disk utilization if
there is no issue with replication.
In my case replication is running fine and under replicated partitions
count is 0.
what could be the reason of this anomaly ?

Thanks,
Dhirendra.