Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/18 16:53:47 UTC

Roller free blog-clients..?!

I tried to use w.bloggar 4.0 and Live Writer Version 12.0.1277.0816, but neither of them seem to work to allow me to post to the blog. Bloggar gave me an 405 exception and Live Writer some blogger2 exception.

I am using Roller 4 RC7, with Tomcat 6 and Derby.

Re: Roller free blog-clients..?!

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 10/18/07, Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I did noticed that when I go to the url using the web browser I get the same 405.
>
> HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Two things:
1) make sure Blog Client API support is enabled for your blog
2) use the right URL http://hostname/roller/roller-services/xmlrpc

- Dave

Re: Roller free blog-clients..?!

Posted by Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com>.
I did noticed that when I go to the url using the web browser I get the same 405.

HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL

Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote: What URL are you using for your endpoint? What documentation are you
using to set it up? I believe these clients use an invalid URL. I
think we should modify Roller to allow these old URLs to work - using
a redirect or something.

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: Roller free blog-clients..?!

Posted by Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com>.
I am assuming that:

w.bloggar uses www.mysite.com/roller/xmlrpc, which seems to redirect to www.mysite.com/roller-services/xmlrpc.

Life Writer, the same case..? But in this case I don't pick anything, Live Writer goes and tries to figure out what blogger sotware I have installed. It then comes back saying that I am using Roller (legacy).

Re: Roller free blog-clients..?!

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.