Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <ja...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/03 22:10:02 UTC

JSP Cache problem in tomcat

Subject: JSP Cache problem in tomcat
From: "Simon Li" <fa...@fake.com>
 ===
Dear all,

i run JDk1.3.01 and tomcat 4.01 on http connector on port 8080.

I have discovered a quite weird (?) behaviour of tomcat:
Say,
PageA is my JSp page
classB is a class i will use in PageA .

Observation
if i modify my classB, w/o modify PageA, tomcat will use the cached version
of PageA. (where the behaviour of classB is the behaviour of classB BEFORE
the modify)

Is it my fault, did anyone got this problem?
Should i update my tomcat to lastest version?

PS. I edit my JSP in Dreamweaver and save it using FTP.

Simon.

RE: JSP Cache problem in tomcat

Posted by Stefan Langer <ma...@web.de>.
You are not restarting Tomcat are you???

My guess is (feel free to correct me when i'm wrong) that when you change
class B and not Page A
then the old class B is still loaded by the current classloader so the old
class B is still cached by the classloader and therefor the old reference
ist still being addressed. If you change page A then a new class is created
and the linkage for all used classes is reevaluated and such the classloader
loads your new class.

Stefan