Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@feature50.com> on 2007/09/12 23:52:40 UTC

Re: Build Discussion

Notes:

1) Looks like they really want two different jdot directories: one for QA
(aka "staging") and one for UAT.  It looks like staging is the real ting,
with UAT having access to a subset. We'll have to check that DtLauncher can
search a subfolder, rather than just /jdot.  That implies we'll have to
duplicate some of the JDOT updates folder (though a symbolic link could
accomplish that easily enough).

2) Our design doesn't favor simply copying folders around, there's the
master configuration catalog (app_manifests_list.prop) to consider, though
we should be able to extract the entries we want using grep.  That is, the
UAT site will need to not only copy (or link) the configuration folders, but
copy over the corresponding entries from the staging catalog.

3) Vitaly can't say "read only" enough, and yet there's this whole
jdot.propthing where they want to be able to change the file and force
it down to
each server.  Hope they can figure out chmod.

4) Would generating a PDF kill you?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50