Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Nauman Rafique <nr...@techlogix.com> on 2002/04/08 12:53:57 UTC

log4j version problem

Hi,
I am getting the following  exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:
294)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:31
2)
        at com.gepower.aep.util.Log.<clinit>(Log.java:30)
        at com.gepower.aep.servlet.AepServlet.isSsoOn(AepServlet.java:173)
        at com.gepower.aep.servlet.AepServlet.doPost(AepServlet.java:101)
        at
:265)
        at
:200)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2456)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2039)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

What might be the problem?
The line from which the exception is generated is
Log.fatal(this, ex);

The application is currently using older version of log4j which uses
category not logger. Now I need to replace the old jar with the new jar;
would it create any problems. If it would create problems, where can I find
the help to use older version of log4j?