Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by 2460873257 <24...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2024/01/18 09:22:23 UTC

Consultation on disabling insecure HTTP requests in Tomcat

Hi Tomcat Experts:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I'm trying to Looking for a solution to disable the tomcat * Options request, but upon checking the source code, it seems that it is directly defined in the code. Is there a configuration provided to disable it?

Attached are the questions and the source code found

2460873257
2460873257@qq.com

&nbsp;

Re: Consultation on disabling insecure HTTP requests in Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Marc, etc.,

On 1/18/24 05:10, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 18/01/2024 09:22, 2460873257 wrote:
>> Hi Tomcat Experts:
>>        I'm trying to Looking for a solution to disable the tomcat *
>> Options request,
>
> Why?

+1

What's wrong with OPTIONS requests? They allow some basic security
checks to succeed and should not be disabled. If you disable them, CORS
will fail all over the place.

-chris

Re: Consultation on disabling insecure HTTP requests in Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 18/01/2024 09:22, 2460873257 wrote:
> Hi Tomcat Experts:
>        I'm trying to Looking for a solution to disable the tomcat *
> Options request,

Why?

> but upon checking the source code, it seems that it is
> directly defined in the code. Is there a configuration provided to
> disable it?

No.

> Attached are the questions and the source code found

Attachments are removed automatically. Please use plain text.

Mark