Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/05/31 18:41:09 UTC

[DIGESTER][SANDBOX] back proposing the Digester3 merge to trunk

Hi all guys,
after some day of work on Sandbox, I'm back to propose once again the
merge of my work in proper /trunk.
Failing my first attempt was good, because I had the opportunity to
learn a lot and this time the proposal is much better :P

What I did:

 - moved the current sandbox in a separate branch;
 - copied the current trunk in sandbox;
 - polished APIs (few trivial checkstyle violations yet), removed
@Deprecated methods, added more power with generics;
 - re-introduced - simplifying! - the Digester EDSL;
 - removed old custom DigesterLoader for annotations/xml package.

So, at the end of the day, this time users are still able to create
Digester instances using the old-fashioned APIs - even if they're
encouraged to use the more expressive fluent APIs - except when using
annotations/XML extensions.

I still have to publish the site - it's the site on /trunk + EDSL
documentation - I'll do it as soon as I'll get home (I'm leaving the
office now) so you can see how APIs/Doc look

Anyway interested people can start having a look at the component code on SVN[1]

Please send huge feedbacks!!!
Have a nice day!
Simo

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/digester3/trunk

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [DIGESTER][SANDBOX] back proposing the Digester3 merge to trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
I just terminated to fix javadoc violations and re-uploaded the site,
quality is now even better thatn the /trunk's :P
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi James,
my actual proposal is to move the current /trunk to a /DIGESTER_2_X
branch, then moving the sandbox to /trunk.
Yes, I created the sandbox starting from the current /trunk, so all
the svn history will be maintained - feel free to verify it!
Thoughts? Many thanks in advance, have a nice day!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.