Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Andrey Aristarkhov <ar...@bitechnology.ru> on 2003/06/01 14:18:40 UTC

[fileupload] issue proposal

Hi folks!

FileUpload is a great job, but I can suppose it's not
convinient in some configurations. Since request input
stream is beeing read when we try to read a first
parameter from a request, there is no guarantee that a
request passed to a servlet had not been parsed already
(for example as a result of a filter work).
In this situation more convinient way is a request
wrapper. If request has multipart/* type we substitute
original request by our wrapper. In this situation we have
guarantee that multipart request always will be parsed as
multipart.
If intersting we have an implementation of such wrapper
and can submit it to community. Our implementation is
flexible and allows write custom types of parameters. For
example we have 2 base type of paramters - transient
(multipart data is stored in memory) and Persistent
(multipart data is stored on disk). There is a
corresponding API for creating a new type of parameters.

Regards,
Andrey Aristarkhov
BiTechnology