Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/12 11:23:32 UTC

Unexpected Stale Link, why?

I have a Border component that basically renders the page that uses it or a message and a yes or no button if it is confirming something. I then created a ConfirmLink component that puts the BorderComponent into confirm mode (by flipping a flag) and sets the action listener of Border component for when the yes button is clicked.

Unfortunatly, after clicking the confirmlink, the border component switches to confirm mode fine, but when I click the yes or even the no link, I get a stale link exception. All the no link does is sets the confirm mode flag to false so the regular page will render again.

Could someone explain why this stale link exception occurs?

Kris

Re: Unexpected Stale Link, why?

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.
Maybe try using FormConditional...
Norbi

Posted by Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, sorry for flooding the board, I figured out my problem, I need to use a direct link.

Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok, so it looks like tapestry thinks the link is stail because the other links are not rendered due to a conditional clause in the border component, and does some sort of checking based on the link id. Thus when the border component is in confirming mode, and switches to a non confirming mode, or visa versa, it thinks all links are stail.

This seems like a design flaw to me, and the only workaround I see is to reactivate the page rather than just flipping the confirming flag, however, that makes things much messier and more difficult in my ConfirmLink component.

Please let me know what your opinion is on this issue, or if there is a better way to do it.

Thanks,

Kris

Content Goes Here

no

Kris Rasmussen wrote:I have a Border component that basically renders the page that uses it or a message and a yes or no button if it is confirming something. I then created a ConfirmLink component that puts the BorderComponent into confirm mode (by flipping a flag) and sets the action listener of Border component for when the yes button is clicked.

Posted by Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com>.

Kris Rasmussen <kr...@yahoo.com> wrote:I have a Border component that basically renders the page that uses it or a message and a yes or no button if it is confirming something. I then created a ConfirmLink component that puts the BorderComponent into confirm mode (by flipping a flag) and sets the action listener of Border component for when the yes button is clicked.