Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Federico Paparoni <fe...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/23 19:53:28 UTC

GSoC report

*
Hi all,

the report of GSoC project

Progress*: I finally finished the CRUD. The delete operation has been
managed with a simple jQuery modal dialog and an ajax call to Sling with
:operation=delete. I defined a first component that will manage PDF
extension (I want to simply render the node in a pdf using title and
description contents). Also defined a stupid logo (
http://davidgsoc.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/logo.png)...please no comments
about it :)

*Problems*: The script defined to list the contents submitted (
http://code.google.com/p/davidgsoc2010/source/browse/trunk/src/main/resources/initial-content/apps/david/list.esp)
has always a strange behaviour. If I call it on the root node of the
application (/content/david), I have a plain text as result. But if I append
html extensions, then I have the script executed. What is wrong with it?
Bertrand suggested me to define a resource types for these scripts, but
anyway other scripts haven't a defined resource type and there isn't this
behaviour. I'm now trying to create an OSGI bundle for iText library, to
create the pdf, but probably I have to study better this topic because using
my configuration I receive this error from Sling
23.06.2010 19:36:05.976 *ERROR* [Background Install
C:\DOCUME~1\a155876\IMPOST~1\Temp\install4239195250687311086.tmp]
org.apache.felix.http.jetty %bundles.pluginTitle: Cannot install or update
bundle from C:\DOCUME~1\a155876\IMPOST~1\Temp\install4239195250687311086.tmp
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle david
[68]: package; (package=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider))
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle david
[68]: package; (package=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider)

*Perspectives*: After the pdf extension, I would like to manage tags for
entry submitted. I think it's an easy task using multi value properties on
the node. Then it could be possible to define a search using title and/or
tag values. Anyway I'm always open to suggestions for other functionalities.

Cheers

--
Federico

Re: GSoC report

Posted by Simon Gaeremynck <ga...@gmail.com>.
If you're going to do tags you might want to have a look at [1].
It's how we are planning to do content (and tags) and from an abstract point of view looks quite nice.

Simon

[1] http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-554+File+Content+Tags+and+Hierarchy

Re: GSoC report

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Federico,

Re: GSoC report

Posted by Peter Chiochetti <pc...@myzel.net>.
Am 2010-06-23 19:53, schrieb Federico Paparoni:
> Also defined a stupid logo ...please no comments
> about it :)

I could not help, here's my comment
http://www.myzel.net/hungerburg/DavidSling.png
If you like it I will consider a CC-license

--
peter