Posted to commits@lucy.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/01/16 23:48:57 UTC

[lucy-commits] [Lucy Wiki] Update of "ReleaseVerification" by MarvinHumphrey

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucy Wiki" for change notification.

The "ReleaseVerification" page has been changed by MarvinHumphrey:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucy/ReleaseVerification?action=diff&rev1=7&rev2=8

Comment:
Remove obsolete instructions for installing CPAN dependencies.

  == Building and testing ==

- Perl 5.10.0 or later is recommended.
+ Decompress the Lucy archive and follow the instructions in INSTALL for building Lucy's Perl bindings, up to and including the "test" target.  All tests must pass.

+ Perl 5.10.0 or later is recommended.
- Lucy currently has dependencies on two CPAN modules, JSON::XS and Parse::Rec``Descent, which are not bundled with our release artifacts for licensing reasons.  If you wish, you may install them permanently using your chosen packaging system, as we expect our users to do.  Alternately, here is a recipe which installs them temporarily into a "lucydeps" folder within your home directory on a Unixy system and makes them available via the PERL5LIB environment variable:
-
- {{{
- mkdir ~/lucydeps
- mkdir ~/lucydeps/src
- cd ~/lucydeps/src
- curl -O http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/M/ML/MLEHMANN/JSON-XS-1.53.tar.gz
- curl -O http://backpan.perl.org/authors/id/D/DC/DCONWAY/Parse-RecDescent-1.965001.tar.gz
- tar -zxf JSON-XS-1.53.tar.gz
- tar -zxf Parse-RecDescent-1.965001.tar.gz
- cd JSON-XS-1.53
- perl Makefile.PL INSTALL_BASE=~/lucydeps
- make test
- make install
- cd ../Parse-RecDescent-1.965001
- perl Makefile.PL INSTALL_BASE=~/lucydeps
- make test
- make install
- export PERL5LIB=~/lucydeps/lib/perl5
- }}}
-
- Note that these dependencies will eventually be purged: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-86
-
- Once the dependencies have been installed, decompress the Lucy archive and follow the instructions in INSTALL for building Lucy's Perl bindings, up to and including the "test" target.  All tests must pass.

  == Downstream artifacts ==