Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Wyatt <Wy...@amerch.com> on 2002/11/25 18:34:44 UTC

NoClassDefFound on validationForm in WAR

I've seen several similar problems in the archives, but none of the
solutions seem to work for my problem.  I'm using Struts 1.1b2 with
Weblogic servers (tried both 6.1sp3 and 7.0).  In my WAR the WEB-INF/lib
contains all of the commons and struts jars.  The WEB-INF/classes directory
contains my simple form and action subclass.  The init() method of the
ActionServlet is throwing the "noclassdeffound" error at deploy time.

I've followed best and worst practices.  I've placed the jars int /ext
directories as well as the system classpath.  Nothing seems to correct this
situation.  I'll be happy to believe it is something that I have ill
configured, but, if it is, it is a subtle little bugger.

There are no EAR files in question here.  This is a case of a simple WAR
that is turning into a major battle.

Ideas anyone?

Joe