Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Bauman <ni...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/27 04:20:00 UTC

[BUG TRACKING] BugRat Drowning (will be DrownedRat)

A couple of times a day bugrat spins load numbers like 19.45. Queries take
MINUTES to complete. This is on a 500mhz system with 128 MB ram. With
only a couple hundred bug reports, it's becoming unusable.

I haven't had the time to look into it, but I suspect it's one of 2 things
a) Badly written SQL or b) Badly implemented object-to-relational mapping.

Those things indicate things are going to get worse. I have tried a few
things to speed disk access, all yielding only incremental results. I
will soon have to tear apart BugRat's innards to fix the problem. Which
means it might be down on any given weekend coming up.

Just a warning.