Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name> on 2020/03/09 08:14:08 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Tuweni 1.0.0-incubating release

Hi all,

We're voting on the distributions available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tuweni/1.0.0-incubating/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tuweni/1.0.0-incubating/>
The release tag is present here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/releases/tag/v1.0.0-incubating <https://github.com/apache/incubator-tuweni/releases/tag/v1.0.0-incubating>

This release includes the following changes:
* Moved to JDK11 support by default. 1.0.0 drops support for JDK8.
* Added ethnetstats library.
* Added key-value store functionalities: proxy store, stores are now generic, not just bytes, and have the ability to iterate over keys or clear their contents.
* Added support for JPA-backed key value stores
* Added eth2 reference tests repository. This repository is checked out as a submodule, and will be used to test SSZ going forward.
* Fix TUWENI-30: expose key for GenericHash
* Allow CN as option when generating the self-signed certs (used to be example.com <http://example.com/>)
* Move Jenkins build to Jenkinsfile inside the repo.

Here is the release thread on the dev list of Apache Tuweni:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfa465f37916648e1decb7a60e89fb5cd7c6d128fa53523fdff8c6427%40%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfa465f37916648e1decb7a60e89fb5cd7c6d128fa53523fdff8c6427@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E>

Here is the result of the vote:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r752b4c407e5e89c0ba5a28cbe85e4784b728992731e845364e8c915a%40%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r752b4c407e5e89c0ba5a28cbe85e4784b728992731e845364e8c915a@%3Cdev.tuweni.apache.org%3E>

The vote for Apache Tuweni 1.0.0 has concluded:
+1s: 5
Antoine Toulme
Steven Schroeder
Furkan Kamacı (mentor)
Larry McCay (mentor)
Jonny Rhea
+0: 0
-1: 0

The vote has passed. We have 2 mentor votes, and will require a new vote on the general incubator list.

Cheers,

Antoine

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 1.0.0-incubating release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
FYI

Furkan, Larry, would you please revote?

Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni 1.0.0-incubating release

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:
* Incubating in name
* DISCLAIMER exists
* LICENSE and NOTICE okay
* Signatures okay
* Checksums okay
* Rat checks okay (hacked to make work without .git dir)

I noticed two copies of many files within the tgz and zip source archives
but this didn't seem to impact extraction bar some warnings.
E.g.:

> $ tar tvf tuweni-src-1.0.0-incubating.tar | grep toml/build.gradle
> -rw-r--r-- 0/0            1523 1970-01-01 10:00
> tuweni-src-1.0.0/toml/build.gradle
> -rw-r--r-- 0/0            1523 1970-01-01 10:00
> tuweni-src-1.0.0/toml/build.gradle

I checked for unexpected binary files. There were many *.ssz test files. I
understand why you might have them and see you have excluded them in e.g.
rat checks.
I am assuming you have discussed using them in your build and have some
doco somewhere to explain how to work with/create such files.

I ran gradle test under Windows 10 and JDK 11.05 (there seemed to be issues
on that platform in the voting thread so I thought I would give it a try).
I had 5 errors as listed below which I assume are platform glitches and
which can hopefully can be addressed for some future release:

> Task :hobbits:test
> org.apache.tuweni.hobbits.UDPTest > testTwoEndpoints(Vertx) FAILED
>     Caused by: java.net.BindException
> org.apache.tuweni.hobbits.UDPTest > testTwoUDPConnections(Vertx) FAILED
>     Caused by: java.net.BindException
> org.apache.tuweni.hobbits.RelayerTest > testUDPRelay(Vertx) FAILED
>     java.lang.NullPointerException at RelayerTest.kt:101
> 17 tests completed, 3 failed, 1 skipped
> > Task :io:test
> org.apache.tuweni.io.ResourcesTest >
> shouldIterateResourcesOnFileSystemAndInJars(Path) FAILED
>     java.lang.RuntimeException at ResourcesTest.java:96
>         Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException at ResourcesTest.java:96
> 19 tests completed, 1 failed
> > Task :kv:test
> org.apache.tuweni.kv.MapDBKeyValueStoreSpec > describe a MapDB-backed key
> value store FAILED
>     java.nio.file.FileSystemException at KeyValueStoreSpec.kt:202
> 55 tests completed, 1 failed

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Hello folks,

Anybody from the IPMC with time to vote on this release?

Cheers,

Antoine

[VOTE][RESULT] Apache Tuweni 1.0.0-incubating release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@toulme.name>.
Thanks all for participating in the vote.

The results are as follows:
5 +1:
Furkan Kamaci
Larry McCay
Paul King
Jean-Baptiste Onofre
Justin Mclean

0 +0
0 -1

The vote passes successfully. I will proceed with the release.

Thanks all for the feedback, I’ll report back to the team.

Cheers,

Antoine

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.