Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk> on 2003/07/31 10:37:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Back to basic : httpd.conf + mod_ssl + openssl

Okay, I know I have successfully compiled mod_ssl and mod_rewrite into
Apache2 because when I do
# apachectl -l
I can see mod_ssl.c and mod_rewrite.c amongst other good things. I know my
httpd.conf works with 2 virtual hosts each having different domain names and
directories, have been for a while. I know I can do
# apachectl start
and all okay from client web browsers.
I know I have Included ssl.conf into httpd.conf and I can do
# apachectl startssl
in which case it will ask me for a pass phrase.
BUT if I do that, the web browser says "page not found".
WHAT do I do next ???

[users@httpd] Back to basic : httpd.conf + mod_ssl + openssl

Posted by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk>.
Hiya, how r u?
# nmap
is not a unix/linux command in my bash.
# netstat --numeric-ports
shows nothing in ways of 80 or 443  :-(
TIA

Posted by Arthur Chan <ac...@saysit.com.hk>.
How come ?

I was doing some checking using
# telnet localhost 80
# GET blabla
prior to trying to implement nod_ssl/openssl. When I try this now, I get
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
ATTEMPTED LOGGED from unknown@127.0.0.1
Connection closed by foreign host.
What has changed ???
:-(

Re: [users@httpd] Back to basic : httpd.conf + mod_ssl + openssl

Posted by SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>.

---------

Re: [users@httpd] Make directory available via http

Posted by Carlo Florendo <ca...@hq.astra.ph>.
This worked now.  THanks a lot.   It appears clearly in the manual.  I shoudl've thoroughly read first.  Thanks!

Posted by Luis Moreira <la...@bes.pt>.

[users@httpd] System shutdown all the time

Posted by Alfredo Gómez Grande <ag...@agsoftware.net>.
Apache2  is shutting down my computer at least twice a day. Two possible
causes:

I configured (in Windows) the Apache service to restart on every faliure.
Maybe the problem is due to this.

Or, I'm suffering a D.O.S (Denial of Service) attack, which consecuences I
don't know.

But the most worriying stuff is when the system turns on, after a scandisk,
it says: "Windows has recovered from a serious crash", and the reporting
stuff to Microsoft begins. So I'm worried because I need something reliable
and stable.

¿Do I leave the service as it was by default=no action on faliure?
¿Is there any other problem of the same nature reported by other user?

My system is Windows XP Home totally parched.

Cheers
Alfredo Gómez

[users@httpd] Make directory available via http