Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Ritesh Shukla <ri...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2023/05/01 19:49:19 UTC

Re: Proposal to enable GitHub discussions

We did a small demo today in the community sync. The details are here:
https://github.com/kerneltime/ozone/discussions/4
There is also a poll here: https://github.com/kerneltime/ozone/discussions/9
I plan to enable this feature before the next community sync unless I get
an opposing viewpoint.

Posted by Ritesh Shukla <ri...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
https://github.com/apache/ozone-site/pull/35

Posted by Ritesh Shukla <ri...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ritesh Shukla <ri...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Neil Joshi <ne...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> We did a small demo today in the community sync. The details are here:
> https://github.com/kerneltime/ozone/discussions/4
> There is also a poll here:
> https://github.com/kerneltime/ozone/discussions/9
> I plan to enable this feature before the next community sync unless I get
> an opposing viewpoint.
>

> On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 10:29 AM Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1
> > Sounds cool. Amongst the ones I know Airflow does that:
> > https://github.com/apache/airflow/discussions
> >
> > -Ayush
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 at 11:42, Ritesh Shukla <ritesh@cloudera.com.invalid
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > Sending this across for a couple of reasons
> > > 1. Slack and Jiras are invitations only for now
> > > 2. Slack messages are not google friendly.
> > > GitHub allows discussions Ref:
> > > https://github.com/kerneltime/ozone/discussions
> > > I propose enabling GitHub discussions to ease the outreach to curious
> > > community folks who want a low-overhead means to reach out.
> > >
> > > I will discuss this in the community sync tomorrow. We can also post
> the
> > > meeting minutes and recording details in the discussions section.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Ritesh

NJ