Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/04 21:27:17 UTC

not detecting hidden parameters in multipart forms

I am using hidden fields and multipart forms in a jsp, and it seems
that the <logic:present> tag is not detecting the hidden field as being
present when the multipart form is submitted.

In MyJsp I have

<logic:present parameter="myvar">
	Myvar is present
</logic:present>

enctype="multipart/form-data">

	etc

I have configured this page to use the struts validator and to redirect
back to itself if validation fails. When it redirects to itself the
"myvar is present" message does not render.

This doesnt seem to happen for <html:text> parameters.  Eg. If I
replace the <logic:present> tag with

<logic:present parameter="mytext">
	Mytext is present
</logic:present>

and I submit the multipart form with mytext field populated I DO get
the "my text is present" message.

Also, if I remove the enctype="multipart/form-data" attribute from the
"myvar is present" displays.

Has anyone come across this before, and/or does anyone know what I
might be doing wrong?