Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by p....@almerys.com on 2007/07/31 16:59:04 UTC

RE [Axis2] Websphere 6.1 deployment error

I'm running Axis2 with websphere 6.1 without any problem.
The issue you have seems to be the same as the one depicted here:
http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.2.0/manual/troubleshooting/wsdl4j-version-on-websphere.html

Pierre

Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>
31/07/2007 16:25
Veuillez répondre à
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Objet
[Axis2] Websphere 6.1 deployment error

I have an Axis2 1.2 service that works fine on Tomcat 5.5.  All the Axis2
artifacts are contained in one big WAR file.  Deploying the WAR file to
Websphere 6.1 yields the following error:

INFO  ServiceDeployer - The imageview service, which is not valid, caused
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax/wsdl/Operation.getExtensibilityElements()Ljava/util/List;

I've set the class loading to parent last for this web application but get
the same result.  I've also tried setting the server-specific application
settings to "Single" classloader policy and "Parent Last" for the class
There must be some sort of class loading error happening here.

Any tips would be *greatly* appreciated.

 Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo!
TV.

Re: RE [Axis2] Websphere 6.1 deployment error

Posted by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you very much or the tip!
Removing the servletapi-2.3.jar file from the WAR file seemed to do the trick.  The error that the AxisServlet is not a servlet is gone and I see the AxisServlet and SOAPMonitorService initialized.  I was able to run a successful echo test.
I'm not sure I am home free yet, but getting a successful echo test was a big step.  This has been quite an ordeal.

I'll post Websphere 6.1 tips when I get everything up and running to help those who dare to tackle this in the future.

Marcel Urbanek <MU...@gmx.net> wrote: Hi,

the reason for this error message is usually, that you included the
javax.servlet.Servlet class somewhere in a jar in your web-inf/lib
directory. Delete that jar and it should work.

If you have classloader problems regarding axis2, it may help to add the
jars by adding them as "shared library" instead of copying them to your
web-inf/lib

Marcel

Re: RE [Axis2] Websphere 6.1 deployment error

Posted by Marcel Urbanek <MU...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Jack Sprat <re...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

 I've set the class loading to parent last for this web application but get the same result.  I've also tried setting the server-specific application settings to "Single" classloader policy and "Parent Last" for the class loading policy.  No luck.