Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2002/11/05 21:14:05 UTC

RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/ssl ssl_intro.html.en ssl_i ntro.xml

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:

> Is it okay to have something like this in the Apache documentation ?. I mean
> - just mention about who wrote mod_ssl, but not something like "send all
> negative feedback to ..."
>
> From : http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/ssl_intro.html
>
> > Please send any postive feedback to Frederick Hirsch (the original article
> author) and all negative feedback to Ralf S. Engelschall (the mod_ssl
> author).

I tend to agree.  It is in there because that is what Ralf originally
wrote.  Now that it isn't maintained by Ralf, it should probably come out.
We should give credit to both Ralf and Frederick, but no need to include
email addresses.

Joshua.