Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by nandyiyer <na...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 09:18:07 UTC

Error in Searching for an artifact

Hi all,

I cant search for any artifact ( I mean the search option is not working )
and the logs show no error . I always get "No results found" answer though
the artifact is present in the repository .
Can anyone help me regarding this ?

Thanks
Nanditha

Re: Error in Searching for an artifact

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Do the logs show a recent scan, with indexing enabled? Should look like this:

.\ Scan of test \.__________________________________________
  Repository Dir    : /Users/brett/Library/Application Support/Archiva/data/repositories/test
  Repository Name   : Test
  Repository Layout : default
  Known Consumers   : (6 configured)
                      auto-rename
                      auto-remove
                      repository-purge
                      create-archiva-metadata
                      create-missing-checksums
                      index-content
  Invalid Consumers : <none>
  Duration          : 478 Milliseconds
  When Gathered     : 3/4/10 7:00 PM
  Total File Count  : 632
  Avg Time Per File :

After that, it can still take a little time for the content to filter in. If you find it is incomplete, you can force a scan by going to the repositories admin tab, and in the desired repository check "process all artifacts" and press the scan repository button.

- Brett

On 04/03/2010, at 7:18 PM, nandyiyer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I cant search for any artifact ( I mean the search option is not working )
> and the logs show no error . I always get "No results found" answer though
> the artifact is present in the repository .
> Can anyone help me regarding this ?
>
> Thanks
> Nanditha

Brett Porter