Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/10/09 10:31:21 UTC

RE: [OT] Googlefight

Quoting Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com>:

> Another comparison: Cocoon vs. Struts.
>
> http://www.googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=Cocoon&q2=Struts&B1=I%27m+F
> eeling+Groggy%21%21+Go%21&compare=1&langue=us
>
> Result could seem amazing, knowing how popular is Struts. But after a moment
> I've realized that so few searches can also indicate more visibility of the
> project (I mean that Struts does not need to be searched, cause it's well
> known). So returning to the Cocoon vs. Zope case, if Cocoon is searched less
> than Zope this can mean also that Cocoon is easier to find by other means
> (e.g. directly from Apache site).

Hmmm, while I was craching up to see that googlefight web (isn't human
creativity so amazing sometimes?), with my semantic hat on and with purity mode
turned on, I would say that the above is purely and absolutely useless.

look at

 http://www.cocoon1.com

and you know what I mean :)

In a really semantic search engine, we would have our own URI point to our own
topic and we could be able to have a fair semantic-searchfight... but that
would mean that, for example, the search engine should be inferring smart
enough to understand that if I talk about 'cocoon' on the 'cocoon-
dev@xml.apache.org' mail list, than that token should be associated with the
topic related to http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/

Yeah, it would be cool, but totally impractical since you'd have to write your
emails using RDF-like markup.

Bah, I should burn this stupid semantic hat one day.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                       <st...@apache.org>

Re: [OT] Googlefight

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Do Cocoon developpers have some special discount there ?

It sure brings a new meaning to Cocoon:

http://www.cocoon1.com/pu9.htm

crazy stuff out there!

</Steven>

Re: [OT] Googlefight

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>Hmmm, while I was craching up to see that googlefight web (isn't human
>creativity so amazing sometimes?), with my semantic hat on and with purity mode
>turned on, I would say that the above is purely and absolutely useless.
>
>look at
>
> http://www.cocoon1.com
>
>and you know what I mean :)

Do Cocoon developpers have some special discount there ?

;-P

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [OT] Googlefight

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Bah, I should burn this stupid semantic hat one day.

What a waste! Donate it to
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencyc/

J.Pietschmann