Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/05/11 08:19:32 UTC

Re: cvs updates

> * checked out httpd-2.0 from scratch and now it works. I suppose that
> 'make distclean' is not very clean, since with 'cvs up' + 'make distclean'
> the error didn't go away.

You probably didn't update srclib/apr first.  Any changes to the *.m4 or
*.in files won't work until both httpd-2.0 and apr are updated and then
a buildconf is run from the top.

....Roy

Re: cvs updates

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Fri, 11 May 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>
> > > * checked out httpd-2.0 from scratch and now it works. I suppose that
> > > 'make distclean' is not very clean, since with 'cvs up' + 'make distclean'
> > > the error didn't go away.
> > >

> > You probably didn't update srclib/apr first.  Any changes to the *.m4 or
> > *.in files won't work until both httpd-2.0 and apr are updated and then
> > a buildconf is run from the top.
>
> That's correct. I've falsely assumed that 'cvs up' in http-2.0, will
> recursively update the apr and apr-utils projects, placed under srclib.

It will if you manually add the appropriate D/ lines to the CVS/Entries
file of the srclib subdirectory after having checked out apr and apr-util
into that location. My httpd-2.0/srclib/CVS/Entries file looks like this:

/.cvsignore/1.5/Thu Mar 2 08:26:18 2000//
/Makefile.in/1.9/Sat Feb 24 19:16:04 2001//
D/pcre////
D/apr////
D/apr-util////

Hope this helps.
--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: cvs updates

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.

Re: cvs updates

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Thu, 10 May 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> > * checked out httpd-2.0 from scratch and now it works. I suppose that
> > 'make distclean' is not very clean, since with 'cvs up' + 'make distclean'
> > the error didn't go away.
> >

> You probably didn't update srclib/apr first.  Any changes to the *.m4 or
> *.in files won't work until both httpd-2.0 and apr are updated and then
> a buildconf is run from the top.

That's correct. I've falsely assumed that 'cvs up' in http-2.0, will
recursively update the apr and apr-utils projects, placed under srclib.

I'll update our dev notes to always make sure to cvs up these two
sub-dirs as well.

Thanks Roy.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/

Re: cvs updates