Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/06/15 12:17:02 UTC

JXT: non-lenient Jexl expressions?

Hi all,

Working on jx-macros.xml for the upcoming tree widget, I spend a lot of
time figuring out simple typos in method names, as no error is reported.

Is there a way for Jexl expressions to fail hard when a property or
method doesn't exist, rather than silently ignoring the statement?

Thanks for any advice.

Sylvain

Re: JXT: non-lenient Jexl expressions?

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Working on jx-macros.xml for the upcoming tree widget, I spend a lot of
> time figuring out simple typos in method names, as no error is reported.
>
> Is there a way for Jexl expressions to fail hard when a property or
> method doesn't exist, rather than silently ignoring the statement?
I was almost sure that worked properly some time ago (a year back).

Suddenly it stopped working. AFAIR I made some local test cases that
showed that current Jexl version totally ignores leniency settings.

I will create new test cases today and inform you about the results.