Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Corban Raun <co...@raunco.co> on 2014/09/10 18:19:34 UTC

Assigning Public Ip VMWARE

Hi,

I’m trying to set up cloudstack where I can assign public Ip’s directly to the VM’s vs using Nat.

I’m using the Advanced System Networking

I have 3 different Nics

Nic1 = Management (no vlan)
Nic2 = Public Ip’s (no vlan)
Nic4 = Guest (vlan 100)

Issue 1.
I can get all the system VM’s running with internet access. However when I spin up a new VM, there seems to be a problem with NAT to the Virtual router. I can ping the Virtual router private IP, but am unable to access the internet.

Question 1:
Am I able to just forget about the virtual routing and nat, and just assign my public Ip’s directly to vm’s?