Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jim Downing <ji...@pobox.com> on 2003/04/22 20:02:27 UTC

Cactus plugin with web.xml merge?

Hi,

Can I access the web.xml merge functionality from the maven-cactus
plugin? Is there a property I can set? It solves a recurring problem
I've had with Cactus testing...

cheers,
jim

RE: Useful to merge production web.xml with cactus with XSLT?

    * From: Vincent Massol
    * Subject: RE: Useful to merge production web.xml with cactus with XSLT?
* Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:51:17 -0800

Hi David,

I should probably have left your question for Chris... The reason is
that he's finishing a web.xml Ant merge task that merges 2 web.xml. You
may not know yet, but in Cactus 1.5 we have what we call an Ant
Integration Module which can be directly used with no modification. You
install it somewhere on your disk and then simply call it from your own
Ant build file. Among other things, it contains a default web.xml which
contains the needed Cactus redirector definitions and your application
web.xml gets automatically merged with it. The end result is that your
application web.xml stays clutter-free!

So in essence, we have both done the same thing! Cool! :-)

Thanks for your contribution.
-Vincent

Re: Cactus plugin with web.xml merge?

Posted by Jim Downing <ji...@pobox.com>.
Hi Vincent,

thanks for the info. I'm using maven beta10 which has
maven-cactus-2.1, and I've checked webXmlMerge is running in
build-share.xml *but*...

It's not merging properly - the web.xml in the cactustest webapp is
identical to the one in plugin-resources.../confs/web.xml. Is there
any output I can send you to help track the problem down?

Thanks,
jim

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jim,